Dedication at Dysart Historical Center
The Dysart Historical Society has acquired the original cupola — a small, traditionally dome shaped structure that sat at the top of a building — from the Dysart Opera House which was built around 1900. The cupola had been saved by the Randy Vogeler family who recently gave it to the Historical Society. The Historical Center will be open on Sunday, August 29, from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. for the cupola dedication. A short program will begin at 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend the ceremony, to see what’s new in the four museum buildings, and then enjoy a slice of refreshing watermelon.
The Historical Center, 612 Crisman Street, will continue to be open for the season Sundays through September from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and most anytime by appointment. Appointments may be made by calling 319-476-7345. There is no admission fee to the Dysart Historical Center but donations are always appreciated.